Today is National Pink Day! Can you believe it? An actual day dedicated to my favorite color in the entire universe. (Well besides black, of course) I mean, almost everything I own is pink, my clothes, my tumblr blog, this blog, the highlight thing on my computer, my walls at home, my phone, my nails, everything!
However, as much as I love this color, over the years, I think pink (heh) has gotten a pretty crappy reputation. Ultra-femininity is constantly shamed and considered weak, but weakness and a freaking color don’t really go hand in hand. Pink was actually considered a boy color before the 40s’ because it’s the color of raw meat, or blood on a white cloth. But let’s be real, no matter what it’s associated with, pink is just a color! It holds no real purpose or symbolism!
So, in that respect, a lot of great things are pink, so I thought I’d list a couple of my favorite things appreciation for my favorite color.
- This sick playlist on 8tracks
- Nikki Lipstick’s Pink Drink (strawberry Acai refresher with coconut milk and a pump of vanilla) (donut not included)
- Nicki Minaj’s album Pink Print. (We would not have been blessed with Feeling Myself without that album)
- Marina and the Diamonds’ entire Electra Heart Era
- Rose Quartz and Steven Universe
- Everything Kimura U creates. (I mean, she calls herself the most pink designer in the world so…)
- Moschino’s Barbie-inspired collection
- Elie Saab’s Sleeping Beauty gown for Harrod’s (so dreamy)
- My actual heart and soul
- Sweet Lolita fashion
- The Chanels from Scream Queens
so in conclusion, a lot of cool things are pink, wear pink, or are inspired by the color pink. It’s a gr10 color, end of story. Happy National Pink Day everyone!